This sites GDPR policy
GDPR is the General Data Protection Regulation aimed at protecting all data regarding EU citizens.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
The basis of this site:
As a Bed & Breakfast establishment, this site collects essential information for booking purposes only. Users are not required to create an account or log in to perform a booking. No booking information is shared with 3rd parties or placed in the public domain.
Data this site collects:
- Your IP address
- Your browser agent
- The pages visited
- Your previous site/pages
- Search queries
Through Booking / Reservation:
In addition to the above; the following information is also collected:
- Your First Name (Forename)
- Your Last Name (Surname)
- Your Email address
- Your Phone Number
- Your Passport Number (for overseas visitors only)
- Your Checkin Date
- Your Checkout Date
- Your Breakfast option
- Your Late Night Checking Option
- Your Room Booking
How this data is used:
The data collected helps to:
- Manage your reservation
- Track usage for auditing and security
- Plan for future site developments
- Identify and better promote most popular content, and likewise, the less popular content
- Gauge the success of marketing campaigns
- Identify periods of heavy site usage, to help forecast when is best to perform maintenance work
- To email you notifications regarding new or updates posts, comments, pages, newsletters and service status
Cancelling your booking/reservation
If you no longer need your booking/reservation, you must contact us directly either by email or phone; your booking/reservation will then be deleted from our system.
Information is stored in the site’s database and retained as follows:
- Site Internal backups are taken every day and retained for 7 days (Automated process)
- Server backups are taken every day and retained for 90 days (Automated process)
Backups are tested regularly, any restored data is removed immediately after successful confirmation.